Monday 13 September 2010

Tennis Anyone?






Wow, you guys certainly know your plants! I think we have identified the plant in question as Echium and it seems that I will be able to plant it here in my garden in Brisbane. How exciting! Thank you so much for all your wonderful comments and suggestions.

Having a spare block on the side of our house presents lots of opportunity. We have been dreaming of gardens, cricket pitches, trampolines, a cow {yes Harry thought a cow would be fun} and even the thought of a tennis court has crossed our minds. Of course I have my heart set on a {real} grass court but I can only imagine the upkeep. When I am out and about I sometimes snap photos of houses or fences or gardens I see which capture me. Recently I have found myself snapping photos of tennis courts. Here are a few {badly taken} photos of some I have seen around Brisbane which I love and a couple at the top taken by Sydney photographer Glen Allsop. I personally love the white painted timber tennis courts and I would love to grow a beautiful creeper all over one side which would back onto our neighbours but for the moment, I will continue to dream and consider all options...well, maybe not the cow!!

image 1 & 2 - glen allsop photographer via once wed blog, image 3 & 4 - anna spiro

6 comments:

the gardener's cottage said...

a private tennis court. oh the luxury.

~janet

Millie said...

We 'inherited' an old dolomite tennis court at the bottom of our garden when we bought this property Anna. We got a couple of quotes to restore it. At $35,000 we decided it can remain a great spot for MOTH's piles of firewood to sit & mature in the sun for the time being! Harry's idea of a cow is fabulous, I think maybe we should do the same, but with a couple of goats.
Millie ^_^

Teresa Hatfield ~ Splendid Sass said...

I love anything about tennis. I have played on a grass court, and I do love the feel of the ball hitting the grass. Rubico is my favorite, but it is so difficult to take care of. Beautiful images.
Have a nice week.
Teresa (Splendid Sass)

sharon santoni at my french country home said...

Lovely photos, especially the first two. People who lay grass courts here have to protect against moles burrowing up to the surface!
Have a great week

Sharon

Katharine @ SouthernBourbonMountains said...

Love the Tennis images! They make it look like such a beautiful and classic game in a time where it looks like gladiators play it!

Digella said...

Oh that tennis court up on hamilton hill is gorge.

The inside of the house even more amazing. We have watched it unfold over the past year. What a fantastic reno!